You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in Italy.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
• Your personal information such as:
- your first and last name
- your birthday (day, month) if entered
- any information entered by you in the blank field, with the purpose of simplifying the Service searches (favorite designer, etc)
- the photo associated with your profile (if attached)
- your city (if entered)
• email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
• transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
• shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
• community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
• other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
• additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
• information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
• other supplemental information from third parties
Furthermore, any items you have placed in the Service will also be visible to other users. Your personal data contained the Service, provided that you have decided to activate the the Service by your own consent, may be rendered accessible and visible to the other users of the Service that you have indicated or authorized.
We wish to inform you that The Service Provider processes its users' personal data for purposes that are strictly connected to the supply of the Service, the execution of contracts related to the sale and purchase of, after receiving your consent, in order to send you information on new commercial initiatives which are strictly related to the Service.
3) Marketing Analisys
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference in SWAPBIRDIE or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
4) Data Management
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
• provide the services and customer support you request;
• resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms;
• customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
• tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
• compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
5) Disclosure Policy
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
• Present or future related Companies of the Service Provider to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Present or future related Companies of the Service Provider will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
• Present or future Companies under contract who help with the business operations of The Service Providers (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
• Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
• Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
• Present or future Companies under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
6) Information Shared on SWAPBIRDIE
Your User ID, as well as your wish list are displayed throughout the Service (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your activity with the Service. Other people can wish list and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Service activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from the Service, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
We might use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
• Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive a
• t the end of a session.
• You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
• You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
8) No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
9) Personal Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Service password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify The Service Provider and change your password.
10) Changing Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the Service. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Service, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in Italy. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
12) Third Parties